Assistant Director ASEAN Integration Monitoring Office
- Advanced degree in Economics (PhD desirable) particularly in the areas of international trade, macroeconomics, international finance, and development economics
- Extensive knowledge and substantive senior-level experience (minimum eight years) in conducting economic research and policy analysis, gained in international/regional development institutions, research institutes, public sector, academe, and development and research consulting.
- Solid knowledge of and experience in project management and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- Proven experience in research, public policy development and negotiation, and in working closely with government officials.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with public and private sector organisations and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines
- Sound understanding of international and regional issues, and knowledge of and commitment to ASEAN ideals.
- Sound financial, physical and human resource management skills.
- Sound corporate and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff in a complex work environment.
- High-level interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Commitment to teamwork and collaborative work practices.
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
15 December 2015