Senior Officer Energy & Minerals
- Postgraduate Degree in in Energy Management, Economics, Public Policy, Business Management, or other appropriate specialist discipline, or a combination of formal qualifications in two or more of those areas;
- At least six (6) years of professional experience in energy development planning and policy formulation, implementation and coordination, as well as in project administration; preferably experience from a national government agency responsible for energy and minerals policies or from an energy-related portfolio of an international or regional organisation.
- High-level technical skills and knowledge in area of responsibility.
- Proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, planning and the development of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff and work effectively with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated sound oral and written communication skills and sound interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct both formal and on the job training, and foster the career development goals of staff.
- Experience in identifying training and professional/technical development needs of staff.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position.
29 March 2014