Technical Officer Disaster Management & Humanitarian Assistance
- Bachelor degree in Disaster Management, Developmental Studies, Public Administration or other related discipline with at least five (5) years relevant working experience. Candidate with Advanced Degree in any of the above disciplines with three (3) years relevant working experience is preferred.
- Experience in dealing with a wide spectrum of areas in disaster management at development cooperation (policies, trends, issues and development), preferably at regional and international environment;
- Exposure to relevant activities dealing with various international organisations, related institutions and/or private sector;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated sound oral and written communication skills and sound interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
- Proven skills in problem solving in a complex organisational environment and in work planning.
- Ability to multi-task, work long and irregular hours, perform tasks outside the usual job scope, and willingness to travel frequently on short notice.
- Good command of English, written and spoken.
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position.
16 September 2015