Senior Officer Statistics
- Postgraduate degree in Statistics or Economics.
- At least six (6) years' experience in government, academics, or international organisation, involving statistical development, standards, analysis, and dissemination, statistical database development/maintenance, and good command of macro and socio economic statistics, including MDG/SDG and National Accounts as well as demographic indicators is preferred.
- Familiar with the issues and initiatives on harmonisation of statistics and compilation of official statistics
- Extensive supervisory experience and with good mentoring and team development capabilities
- Good project/conference/meeting management skills
- Good analytical and research skills
- Good IT skills, working knowledge of SAS/SPSS, Microsoft Access, TSP/STATA, or relevant software are preferred, as well as adequate knowledge/appreciation of IT applications in statistics
- High-level technical skills and knowledge in area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated sound oral and written communication skills and sound interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position.
- Proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
16 July 2015