Committee of Permanent Representatives
As stipulated in Article 12 of the ASEAN Charter, each ASEAN Member State shall appoint a Permanent Representative to ASEAN with the rank of Ambassador based in Jakarta.
The Permanent Representatives collectively constitute a Committee of Permanent Representatives (CPR), which shall:
- support the work of the ASEAN Community Councils and ASEAN Sectoral Ministerial Bodies;
- coordinate with ASEAN National Secretariats and other ASEAN Sectoral Ministerial Bodies;
- liaise with the Secretary-General of ASEAN and the ASEAN Secretariat on all subjects relevant to its work;
- facilitate ASEAN cooperation with external partners; and
- perform such other functions as may be determined by the ASEAN Coordinating Council.
Click here for Contact List
The Committee of Permanent Representatives to ASEAN (CPR)
(As of March 2013)